Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Oldest Trick in the Book.......

From and Inspired piece in my story The City Burns! Hope you like it! :-D

The Swashbuckler Disciple,
Mari J. Fahel

Rowan lay in bed when suddenly a loud beeping noise sent her bolting upright. She hit the alarm and threw herself off the bed in grogginess. Been almost half a year since she last dreamt of the confrontation with Shay. She should have spoken out...What happened would've been better on the family, then--Shay didn't get who he was after. He just ran away that very night. Unless Shay went for another girl...was possible, right? At least it wasn't Michiko--or she hoped it wasn't....well, nothing happened so what did it matter? It could've been Rowan herself. She had been put to sleep. Who knows? It could have been her. But, who cares right? None of Rowan's family knew of what happened that night--they probably would freak...Here I am, letting my thoughts rant...and I have to get ready for school! Rowan shut her door and began to change from her flower-print gown to her school uniform. Michiko squirmed in her comforter, making Rowan chuckle, "Wake up, Michiko! We have school!"

"I don't want to go to school just--" Michiko began to whine.

"Five more minutes? That's the oldest trick in the book! Don't make me laugh, girlie!" Rowan grinned at the irony and nudged Michiko, "Wakey wakey! Don't make me tickle you!"

Michiko bolted out of bed, "Alright, I'm up! Just don't tickle me!"

"Much better...I'll go now, get ready!" Rowan left a frantic Michiko, chuckling loudly as she shut the door behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment