Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Aw yes, John Green." "Jason Grace." "Whatever."

 *Tries to step over the sword, fails, almost crashes into the wall. Sits in a chair and almost falls asleep.*

 WAIT! No, I'm awake. I'm good.

 Ahem, hello, Inklings. *Waves*

 I saw everyone was sharing snippets. And I figured I might as well join in. So, here is a snippet from my NaNo book, DragonSlayer. It is a rough, rough draft. So it is choppy and full of mistakes, but I am too worn out to think of more editing.
 I hope you enjoy it though.

 Jack and her sardine, Nemo

He knew the jagged peak was different, but not for the reasons he had always been told. When he left home to chase dragons, the mountain always came back to him, reminding him of all he had left behind. All he had given up because of one lie.
The mountain had no name, like so many other ancient things in the land. It had stood when the island rose from the sea. And when the island sank it would likely hold its head high, going down with an air of majesty.
There were other mountain peaks around Trisli's home, but none carried themselves with as much grace as Trisli's mountain. Even though it wasn't the tallest in the whole of the kingdom, it seemed to think very highly of itself. In the summer it put on a dazzling display with its array of rich grass and deep green forests. In the fall, its trees donned the brightest, richest colours. During the frozen months of winter it wrapped itself in the purest white of blankets. And in the spring, when it looked its most friendly, only the most colourful of flowers would grace its slopping sides.
The peak seemed to think very highly of himself. However, this could be excused to a point. After all, when one is so majestic and commanding, a little pride is certain to follow.
And while the mountain's pride could be excused and marveled at, Trisli's own pride made him the laughing stalk of the village. No one ever laughed in his face of course, they had far too many manners for that. However, whenever his back was turned, the snickering would start – which often is worse then getting mocked when one could see.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Trisli . . . I like him already, even if he is proud. This is wondrous fair, and you used delightful description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee I like the mountain. Even though it isn't a real thing (well, I guess mountains kind of live because of the trees and forest animals and stuff...), it has great personality. I hope you publish this book sometime because I'd really love to read it!

    ReplyDelete