Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Yikes!

Sorry, Jack!  I didn't mean to neglect this blog.  In order to revive Inklings, I am going to post a couple snippets from stories that I have been working on in all of my spare time.
By the way, congratulations on your book coming out, Jack.


Belofte entered, her face a study.  “I have seen that Diavla hath been slain!” she said.
            Birinin and Salguod leapt up and joined in a joyful reel over the smooth floor.
            “I fear,” said Belofte gently, “that this is not the tidings of rejoicing that it seems.  Arglai hath slain her sister and taken the throne.  That snake, Tajisscra, tried to slay a new Pilhmoff, but Solmar emerged from his pit and slew the Pilhmoff before I could take him away.”
            “Solmar emerged?” said Birinin.  A cold wave shivered down her frame.  “Solmar hath not been seen near to an age.”
            “Solmar hath come forth, and this is one creature that even Modran Lonish shall find trouble in slaying,” said Belofte.
            Tajisscra burst into the room.  “Lonish will not live long enough,” he chuckled.  “Where art thou hiding him, Ruvin Scum?” he asked, leering at Belofte.  Salguod stood before his wife, holding up his shield.
            More Estackam crowded into the room, surrounding Birinin and tearing Belofte away from Salguod.
            “Tell me where the Mortal Man is,” said Tajisscra, holding his Wand toward Birinin’s head.
            Salguod’s eyes grew dark with fury as he let forth a ray of golden light from his shield, blinding the Fairie for a moment.  Birinin ducked away and snatched up her arrows, thrusting them into her belt and aiming another at Tajisscra’s head.  “I am not so weak as that,” she said drily.
            “What about thy mother?” snapped Tajisscra, letting forth the power of his Wand at Belofte.  The Queen of Pevamor ceased to glow.  Her face grew black and her head snapped back as she crumpled down to the ground.  “The Cheol Stones are of no use to you now, my fine Cheol Ruvin.”
~ Lonish the Swordmaster

“Mendan, I do not mean to sound like a nag, but I think that we should have taken more men with us,” said the queen.
            Mendan grit his teeth, for he had endured the queen’s nagging all night long.  It was beginning to grate on his already raw nerves.  “Yes, Queen Ranglornl, I do understand, but they were all needed at Schlezimein to fight.”
            “They were all going to die at Schlezimein anyhow, and they could have been a good deal more useful to us if they were here now,” the queen continued irritably.
            “By the Clever, were that I was back there dying now,” Mendan muttered under his breath as he ushered the small group into the cave.  “Be careful, children,” he said.  “The rock here is slippery.”
~ The Daulots

Thanks for reading, and God bless! 
Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. Actually we all went AWOL. Me too. All of the sudden, that thing called life hit us. I even forgot about Inklings. *Hangs head in shame.*

    I like your snippets!! Slightly sad though, because I want to know what happens before and after them. So now I shall have to go away, curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a total master at coming up with strange outlandish names! I like it!
    I also really enjoyed the second snippet. Poor Mendan getting nagged by the queen! But she's a queen so I suppose he can't do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete