Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Snippets and Snaps

I'm writing a story based on an anime I saw derived from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

((Well, it's not exactly, but I got the basis off of it...))
**Yeah, that's what they all say...**
((Oh, go suck a rubarb, you!))
**Hey, don't be quoting your lines on me!**
((sigh... I can never win with you, can I?))
**Probably so.**
((grrrrrrr))

ANYways... here's a snippet for you, you can read the rest on Wattpad...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your highness! Can you stand?" His groan answers for me. I try to pull him on my back. I'm stronger than I make out to be. "Your highness! We've got to get out of here, let me-"
"Take Ciel." He shifts his weight and I drop him back on the floor. I stare at the young girl beside him. She was shivering with fear, too scared to speak.
"But, sir, I-"
"Take Ciel!" He groans again as he adjusts his posture. Raising a shaky hand in the air to the wall behind him, the bricks slide away to a closet. "Aslan..." I look to him once again. "Take the sword and the chain. Cloak yourself and lead Ciel and yourself to safety."
"But your highness!" No matter what I try, it's useless. Then behind us I hear the groan of the man. He was regaining conciousness. I sheathed my own sword and dashed to the secret closet. Grabbing the sword and the box that was also inside - guessing that was were the chain was kept. Taking the cloak by the window, I grabbed the princess' hand and carried her on my back, draping the cloak on the both of us.
"DADDY! DADDY! DON'T! I DON'T WANNA! DADDY!" She tried kicking and punching me to let her go. I had to pinch her leg to stop her.
"M'lady, please, be quiet, we have to get out of here!" I sat at the edge of the windowsill, peering through the smoke and flames for a safe landing.
"ASLAN! NOW!" The king screams. With this command I jump, just as the sound of a sword slicing flesh escapes the window.
                                                                         - "Crescents Restoration"

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... very interesting I look forward to reading more in the future! Love you, Astria!

    Preferring to look insane,
    Mari J. Fahel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone dies?! Or do they...or...or....Okay, now I'm curious.

    I like the girl's name. *Grin* I mean, I think it is the girl. I might have gotten mixed up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! A tad bit confusing but I think that's because I'm very tired at the moment.
    I want to hear more!

    ReplyDelete