Thursday, December 20, 2012

Songs from the Heart

A few of you know of my fascination of music and songs. If you know that, you should also know that I strive to write songs of my own. This is my latest shot at a song, I titled it The Cries of a Million Hearts! I hope you enjoy it!

V1: 
I lie here fully conscious
And yet the slumber drones on
In the suffocating depths, I hear
The cries of a million hearts

V2:
I lie here pierced by the darkness
While the bloodstained marks take form
Death, oh sweet death take hold of my soul
And join the cries of a million hearts

Chorus:
My child, don't you see?
I have you here right next to Me
Your heart is in the palm of My hands
And your tears like a sea
Are in My thoughts
Oh, what you could be
If you just allow me....
To wipe those tears from your eyes!
(My love has no disguise!)

V3:
I cry here fully aware
Of my faults that I am to bear
I throw my body in despair
To take on the cries of a million hearts

Bridge:
I am pulled out from the darkness
Into the light
My eyes are set on Christ in all His might
He takes me in and I lose sight
Of the agony in this small heart
To bring to Christ
Those million weeping hearts

Your fully blood bound sister-in-Christ,
Arianna Schaffer/Mari J. fahel

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jack! I thoroughly enjoyed writing this song. It has a couple of peeks into my life and how it came out of shadows into light! :-) It has loads of meaning in my life!

      Delete