Monday, June 18, 2012

"And she's a woman...oh shut up! I'm dying!"

  Trips in, falls into a near by table, crashes to the floor. That could have looked more dignified.

 So, here I am, back and all that. I would say something witty and such, but I'm sick and I don't feel like it. So here is my story. Enjoy. 

 Jack and her sardine Nemo

 The fog was particularly thick this evening, much thicker then the soup Jack had eaten for dinner. Sometimes she wished she could pile the fog into a bowl and eat it, it couldn't taste any worse then the dinners she usually had and it would likely fill her up much better.
As if he read her thoughts Max, her faithful Doberman Pincher, lifted his head and grunted. Jack laid her hand on his black head, patting him gently.
“I know,” she told him, “you're hungry too. Blimey! That soup was nothing more then water!”
Max sighed in agreement and Jack's stomach added in a complaint by rumbling. She quickened her step, smiling at the thought of breath and maybe even meat. Anything but potatoes. She was sick of potatoes. These thoughts, and these alone, filled Jack's head as she hurried through the back streets of London. She would have continued in them, thinking only of food, if Max hadn't suddenly stopped walking and growled.  

1 comment:

  1. Oooooo intriging! (spelling fail...). I absolutely love the paragraph about the soup! I can visualise Jack putting the fog in the bowl and eating it. In my mind it looks like gray ice cream. :P
    One thought.... "These thoughts, and these alone." Perhaps it should be, "Those thoughts, and those alone." I'm not sure. I always have a hard time with past and present and stuff. I'm not sure it that needs changing or not.

    ReplyDelete