Friday, June 22, 2012

For the Benefit of Miss Jack

Miss Jack visited my blog earlier and asked what my book, Lonish the Swordmaster, was about.  I had posted some character descriptions there, but I thought that it would be nice to tell the plot here, for her benefit.
Basically, it is a fantasy set in a world (which my brother and I made up) that is a lot like ours, except for one mysterious land.  The story is supposed to be told from over a thousand years after it happened.  The main character, Modran Lonish, travels with his older brothers and a small group of other people to this land, called the Land of Lucor.  Once there they find that it is peopled with Dragons, Fairies, and other mythical creatures, including the dreaded Dragyol, larger, more powerful, and a lot more frightening than a Dragon.  Right at the beginning Lonish meets Heleopoilte Tajisscra, the right hand Fairie of the Lady of Ribigalitorre, Diavla.  Tajisscra is impressed with Lonish's strength and skill and wants to use him to defeat his ruler so that he can take over the Land of Lucor.  Thankfully, Lonish has met the noble Cheol Ruvin, or elves, as the humans call them, and found a friend in Elstav Hpetsen, the son of one of the elf lords.  Elstav manages to protect Lonish, but of course, Tajisscra catches up to him and fools Lonish into taking lessons from him so that he will become a swordmaster.
Main characters include the Modran family, including Kiltya, Mitrai, and Lonish; Kiltya's wife, Laiarol; Elstav Hpetsen; Nevarl Osrs, another Cheol Ruvin and an enigmatic character; Oln, a talkative unicorn; Birinin, Elstav's older sister, a maid who knows a lot about everything; Belofte, Elstav's mother, the oldest and wisest  living creature in the world; and  Heliopolite Tajisscra, the cunning villain.
Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds interesting! Although the character's names are quite a mouthful. Haha I love strange names anyway. I think they are great! I was just reading Lord of the Rings and Gimli is talking about Moria and the mountains near it and Sam is like, "Dwarf language must be a mouthful!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.. that sounds utterly amazing! And that sword.. it looks... Greek? Celtic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo is of an ancient Greek bronze sword. I'm glad you like the plot!

      Delete
  3. I love your plot! (I love sword stories. Or stories with swords in them. People using swords...okay, moving on) Your plot sounds wonderful! And I love the idea of a talkative unicorn. I like him already 8-D

    Jack and her sardine Nemo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it is going to be a very good book!

    ReplyDelete