Saturday, June 23, 2012

"He insulted you, Captain!" "So that's when you hit him." "No! I knew you wouldn't want us to get into a fight over that." "Oh, well why did you punch him?" "Well, he said the Enterprise was rubbish. THAT'S when I punched him."

 *Trips in, crashes head first into a chair, falls to the floor. Gets up quickly, adjusts cloak. Smiles sheepishly.*

 Ahem...Well, if you didn't notice, I'm back. But, again, I have no book bits to post. So I thought I would follow Miss K. Barret and post a small summery of my book. Because that is a clever idea, and it means I will have something to post about. So, anyhow, this is from my book The Broken Blade. And it has it's own page on my site if you want to go have a look around. But I won't make you, because I'm not an evil overlord...YET. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA...*Cough, cough.* Sorry, still working on the evil laugh. 

 Okay, here it is. I've been working on this summery for awhile so let me know if you think I should change anything. 8-D This is just the first half. 

  Long ago, the king of Nightshade was killed in battle. It was said that, as he died, he fell atop his own sword, snapping the blade in two. However, when his body was recovered, the blade was missing. Now, hundreds of years later, Nightshade is without a king and the land is being invaded. 

 Countries are divided, peoples warring among themselves. Without unity, they will certainly be conquered, but with no king to unite them there is almost no hope. 

 But there is a rumor. 

 It is said that if a person was to find the blade and fix it they would be given magical powers that would enable them to free the land and make them the new king. Many believe this legend. Few don't. But when hope is almost gone, the people will cling to anything.

 Then one day, a young man wakes up on a farm. He has no memory of who he is or where he has come from, he cannot even remember his own name. All he can remember is something about a sword. So he sets out in the hopes he will find someone who knows him, and instead meets up with a band of outcasts boys who live in a local village near the coast.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I love stories where the main character has no clue who she or he is. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't old legends great? They really help fill out a story! Yours sounds REALLY interesting. Thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very promising. I'd be very interested in reading it. But isn't that quote ripped off of Firefly?

    ReplyDelete