Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Writer's work is never done

Wow, this is the first time I have ever posted on this blog, so be sure to comment and tell me what you think.
This is a snippet of the story I am currently working on, entitled Lonish the Swordmaster.  It has been in the making for A VERY LONG TIME.  I have never been able to finish all the legends and stuff that I want to put in, so even though the actual book is not old, the making of it has been going on for a long while.


“I have yet two other daughters,” said Vayama.  “Shalt thou be pleased to dine with us?  I know not what thou eatest, Modran Lonish, but tonight we eat the light and the honey of flowers.”
            Lonish smiled.  “That sounds lovely, your Majesty,” he said.  “I have never eaten that before, but I’m sure it will be delicious.”
            Valgorenhet grinned broadly.  Lonish thought he could distinguish glowing freckles on her white face.  “What dost thou eat when thou art with the Mortals?”
            “I, er, well, we ate lots of things.  I really liked roasted venison, and that with some turnips and potatoes in the gravy.  And hot apple dumplings, served with rich cream.  Mother used to make them with a thick syrup, but Laiarol makes them with thin.  Laiarol is my older brother’s wife,” he explained.  “Kiltya is my oldest brother, and he led us here.”
            Valgorenhet was not to be sidetracked.  “What is venison?” she asked.
            “It is the meat of deer,” explained Lonish.
            Valgorenhet’s eyes grew wide.  “That is disgusting!  Thou dost eat deer?  How canst thou, without growing ill?”


Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! I love the Old English. =D And don't worry Valgorenhet, I don't like deer either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abbey. The elves, or Cheol Ruvin as they call themselves, always speak like that, while the Mortal Men use a slightly more up-to-date form of speech.
      By the way, I am EXTREMELY fond of venison.

      Delete
  2. That makes me hungry. I want some of the Mortal food. Even deer, if it has grown up eating something other then prairie grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it a lot. You describe things very well.

    ReplyDelete