Friday, April 20, 2012

Faith & Imagination

This is a part of my Prologue of The Forgiver's Promise. I have been working on this book for almost 5 years! And am now getting to the point where I like it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!


Fox Nolhan

Prologue - Part 1


Dear Son,
Today is a new day dawning. Each day that passes is a day of love. I will truly miss you, my son. I never really gave you a name for one reason only, to keep you safe. I don’t want you to think I didn’t love you. Because the only reason I am sending you away is because I love you. I know that you will grow to be a good young man as I send you to your Uncle, for a long time, you would think him to be your father. And on your 13th birthday, he will tell you who you are. I love you more than anything, but I will probably never see you again. I know you won’t like what I will tell you, but you are made of great things, as all children of the Ark’ano Five. I will truly miss you, but you will be safe in Onadath.
Beorin sighed and signed, “Love your Father, Beorin”.  He sealed it with blue wax. Many people may have just let their child be taken from them to fight in the war between Fragathia and Onadath, but Beorin, would rather die than to leave his son in the hands of King Oronim. Lisora took the letter and stuffed it in her bag. She embraced Beorin, and climbed on the back of her black horse.
“Farewell, Beorin! I love you!” she called back and then sped away.
Beorin watch longingly at her and their son, “Farewell, my love.”
__________________________________ 

Your thoughts are very much appreciated!

Preferring to look insane,
Mari J. Fahel

"A Life out of this life is anything amongst imagination or faith. Those are the two most important things for a writer. Their mind and heart"

Copyright of Mari J. Fahel © All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. I like it, Mari dear 8-D I've found something though which has helped me. I've found that it makes my books sound better if I don't repeat myself. Such as, if the character says I love you, then he shouldn't repeat it many times in the same paragraph. If that makes sense. I've done this often and when I reduce it to just once or twice it makes things flow better.

    I do enjoy it though and wish to find out what happens next 8-D

    Jack and her sardine Nemo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good! It has be intrigued. 5 years is a long time to be working on one book. I bet it will be very good when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is really cool! How sad that he has to give up his son and say goodbye to his wife or partner! It is really good!
    Eliza/ShiningHisLight97

    ReplyDelete