Thursday, April 19, 2012

How to talk to sinister beasts when introducing yourself.

"Well, new blogger! Who are you and where do you come form, may I ask?" The sinister beast stared right at me. I am very glad he could not see me. Being friends with the Bagginses has benefits....
"You may indeed!" I replied, "I come form over the hill, drowned with rain. My paths lead up and down and over and under, but mostly from here to the kitchen."
"That is hardly your usual name." the sinister beast sneered.
"I am the the sci-fy watcher, the old book reader, and the adventure writer. I am the one and only."
"Lovely titles, but being the one and only doesn't always come off."
"I am she that helps her friends, getting them out of fixes and dragging them into them as well."
"Those don't sound so creditable."
"I am the friend of consulting detectives and reporters. I am the Beatle listening and the Ellen watcher."

That of course, is how to talk to sinister beasts, if you don't want to reveal your real name (which is wise). Keep them guessing at your riddles while you escape speedily away, the way you came in.
They shall never catch me.... Abigail Staples Stevenson. But please, call me Abbey. (Although I go by an array of other names such as Streakfeather/Streaky, Grace, Hazel... I was even called Cyclone at one point.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've told us this. I've a sinister beast under my bed, this will help greatly. 8-D
    Welcome, Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! that will be very useful someday I am sure! Awesome pen name!! I love it! Welcome, Abbey!
    ShiningHisLight97/Eliza

    ReplyDelete