Monday, May 21, 2012

"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"

Trips in. Shoves cloak out behind, and with a flourish, drops into a chair. Pity it isn't cold, it looks much more dramatic when I do that, followed by a blast of icy wind. Okay, I'm sorry to everyone. This poem is six lines long, but I wasn't sure if I should post it all, or leave off the last line for later...which is rotten, since I make the rules, I mean, doesn't that mean I should know? Anyhow, I leave it up to you all to decide. If this counts as a crime I summit myself to be thrown into the dungeon. I brought my sardines.  

 I once saw an ant
Who liked to rant
About the gnat
Who relished a good chant
About eggplant.

Now the ant
Who was quite gallivant
said, “I shan't
hear that gnat chant
any longer about eggplant.”

So he sent a servant
Who came to the gnat all in a pant.
He explained about the ant
Disliking eggplant.

But the gnat
Who was quite confidant
Had no fear of the gallant ant
And said it was inconvenient
To stop his chant
And added to it by talking about his houseplant.

The ant did not like this new format
And wished to transplant
His neighbor gnat
To a convent

Since neither would recant
The wise servant
Wrote up a covenant
And forced both the ant
And neighbor gnat
To sigh an agreement
That they would no longer rant
Or chant.

Don't believe me? Go as the gnat!

2 comments:

  1. OH JACK! I needed this good laugh! THANK YE FOR PULLING MEH OUT OF MEH MISERABLE MUD PIT! (BTW this is yers truly, Mari/Ari/Christy/Chris! AT YER SERVICE LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha very lovely poem! I loved it! I don't often read poems that make you think (to tell the truth, I'm not a big fan of poetry...) but I love funny poems (if they are short enough)! This poem was the perfect length! I'm amazed you found so many things to rhyme with ant! O_o

    ReplyDelete